new

2010/11/15

life

Today marks 46 more days(45 for the East side folks) until the wedding date. There are 10 more days until Thanksgiving and 40 more days until Christmas! I'll be home for Christmas! It is really exciting to me, because this is my first Christmas with my family in 4 years!
My youngest sister, Dedra, helps me with these countdowns!Since my last post I have been busy with wedding details. Last week we finally purchased a dress for my oldest sister, Donna, the maid of honor. With that my other sisters, Diana, Debra and Dedra also purchased an outfit. We also purchased a dress for the flower girl, Kevin's niece. I think I have the wedding outfits coordinated for the girls. I am waiting to hear if Kevin bought a suit yet. ;)
The wedding preparations are coming one day at a time. Last Saturday Mom and I mixed up 5 gallons of punch and it is in the freezer.
The decorating will be the most time consuming activity. We have the fellowship hall to decorate and the auditorium. Thankfully we have some friends that want to help and are creative.
Fortunately I can use some of the Christmas decor that will be left up in the church. There will be greenery, poinsettias, and wreaths. The colors I have been working with are crimson and gold.
Another interesting wedding activity is the wedding registry. It is simple in the aspect of scanning individual items but for me it is stressful choosing the items!
It is hard to go with a color theme when you do not have a future place to live! Kevin has been a trooper for investigating prospective apartments in Louisville. I have told him I trust his judgment with the investigation. It would be nice to have an apartment when we move to Kentucky in January.

I ask you all to be lifting me and my family up as we prepare for the wedding. I am the first of the 5 sisters to get hitched so please pray for my parents.
Also be lifting up Kevin and I as we prepare for a future together and all the patience, wisdom, understanding that goes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing