new

2014/02/05

Grandpa

This is my grandpa. This particular photo was taken January of last year.
 When Anna met one of her Great Grandpa.
I already know Anna and her Great Grandpa shared some enjoyments. Grandpa Voigt passed to his grandchildren the appreciation for music, especially bands from the 1940's. I have a fond memory of watching The Lawrence Welk show on Sunday evenings before church. Another interest was watching musicals like Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. I have found that Anna does not watch television but she will stop playing to watch people singing and dancing. So I have introduced her to Sound of Music and Oklahoma! I feel quite proud that she has shown interest in these.

It is sad to know that she will not meet him here on earth, however, she will see photos and hear incredible stories of her Great Grandpa Voigt! We miss Grandpa but it is comforting to know he is with other family waiting in heaven! He can walk and run; no more medicine no more pain!
Thank You, Jesus for Your sacrifice!

1 comment:

  1. what sweet reminders of your Grandpa! & so thankful you have these images of Anna with him. so sorry for your loss, but continually grateful for your heart. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing