new

2009/08/11

travels



Some of you may have been wondering what I have been doing recently b/c I haven't posted anything for a while.
Well last week I got the opportunity to travel with a couple. They are awesome friends that I had met right after I moved. I was really thrilled to be invited to travel with them for 2 reasons, both I think are excellent reasons! 1) was I wanted to build my relationship with them, to get to know them better than just an acquaintances. 2) was we were going to 2 very beautiful areas in this country, and I got a see another close friend in the process. ;)
I was glad to get some one on one with the wife. While we enjoyed Dad's beautiful creation we also got to help her understand some of the Word. I could see her maturity in Dad and in life. Her husband was a great leader and negotiator finding places to stay. I hope that soon we can travel out more not just seeing the sights but seeing the people.
It was interesting and challenging spending 3 days with them. It all was tiring with speaking chinese and seeing the sights, we were going, going all the time. I am glad they put up with me and my standard level of speaking! There were sometimes I really wished for a dictionary to express my thoughts! I felt so retarded, honestly!
I got to do some interesting things beside just enjoy the scenery! Go on a boat tour, bike around the town, sit on a bamboo raft, rock climb, water rafting, chew on chopped chicken bones! OK, the last was just interesting but not too enjoyable! I still wonder what happens to all the meat!
I for sure I would love to go back. Next time though I hope to have the 'American' perspective! I did love my friend's company but there is just so much you can do with them. I loved it I wouldn't change that experience for anything even the chicken bones!

1 comment:

  1. Darla it's awesome reading about what you've been up to. I know Father will use you there. Don't feel "retarded" - your Chinese is really good!

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing