new

2009/12/15

Sisters, sisters there were never such devoted sisters...
I thought those lyrics were fitting for this post.
Earlier this month my older sister and second youngest sister finally came to visit me on the East side. I enjoyed their company and encouragement immensely. I miss them but I can look forward to next summer when I will see them for more than 7 days!
I tried my best to show them around the town. We went to the places I visit regularly:
local open market, my favorite northeastern dumpling restaurant, stationary stores, friends' apartment, local parks, countryside, ...
They had the opportunity to ride local city bus, taxi, and train.
I have to mention the top 2 things that put them in culture shock were the huge amount of the people everywhere, and crowded public buses! Well using the squatty is a given culture shock for most people! It took a lot of persuading from me but before they left they could proudly say they used a sqatty potty!
They both enjoyed the food. I will even say that they are probably missing the true taste of chinese food. The chinese buffets have nothing on the local food here.
Even though their few days were filled with
traveling across the world,
sleeping on bunk beds w/o mattresses,
buying souvenirs,
riding bus on a bumpy road,
meeting my friends,
listening to me and others speak another language,
bargaining for the lowest price,
taking pictures with random chinese people,
being stared at all the time,
losing sleep,
smelling the interesting smells of china :/
ect...
I have report from them saying they would love to come back! I am glad to hear they love china or maybe it is just me!
Debra, me, Donna

The pictures were taken with a new camera given to me from some awesome people from Checotah, Okla! This is awesome gift, I appreciate your support for me and my family!

2 comments:

  1. so thankful you were able to spend time with your sisters! our fusion friends just left yesterday... we had a great time together but we also missed you. hope that you're experiencing the joy of the season and prying for you as you hold out the gift of life. (((hugs!)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you girls had too much fun! i'm so glad they came to visit you!! by the way... THANK YOU for the Christmas card! You are super thoughtful from all the way around the world. love, k10

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing