new

2009/11/26

27th

This date marks my fourth month living down south. It just so happens to fall right behind thanksgiving day. So, I have a lot to be thankful for these last four months.
One of the things I am most thankful for cannot be contained in these last four months. It is trust.
I have had to trust Dad my last two years here but these last four months have been significantly different. Since moving down here Dad has been stretching in many directions. Areas where my confidence in my own works is little or none. In other words He has been pulling me out of my comfort place almost on every situation! Living down here is a different 'ball-game' then I have ever played. In saying all this, I have learned, rather slowly :/, that I am not in control of anything from a simple daily schedule to hearts being changed.
At first I would feel frustrated, confused then mad; thinking I had failed, wasted my time. That was from my selfish attitude. Over time I just gave up, desperately sought Dad, asking what I was doing wrong, why was I here? I learned to just let go and let Dad take control. It is hard for me b.c I want to be in control planning and stuff. But after failing many times trying to do it all on my own strength, I finally realized I needed to let Dad use me with His power.
After letting go, I received this peace. I finally understood what Paul was saying in Phil 4:6-7; the peace that passed all my understanding. Yes, He is still working on me to make what I ought to be.
I am very thankful for many things Dad has brought into my life. I know many of the people I know, places I have been would have never been if I had not first taken that step of faith to commit 2 years now 3 years of my life over here on the East side!
I am thankful for:
sunshine
sisters visiting next week
pecan, pumpkin pie, imported turkey
skype
pr@yers
close friendships
seeing Dad work all around me, through me
Dad's peace and direction

No comments:

Post a Comment

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing