new

2011/04/03

April

I couldn't come up with a good title so I will just call this April. It has been a month since I last posted some news. I am a slacker for blogging.
I am surprised how cold spring has been here in Kentucky. It reminded me of winter weather in south China. I thanked Father continuously for heated cars and buildings!
There has been so much rain, but in Oklahoma there is a drought. The drought of course brought on wild fires, no fun.
Since end of January I have been working at Forever 21,a clothing store. Yesterday was my last scheduled day to work! The feeling is bittersweet but much sweeter than bitter! I will miss my co-workers but I will not miss the odd hours and the gossip. I will forever have Lady Gaga, Beyonce singing in my head.... the songs are surprisingly catchy.
Tomorrow(4/4) I begin my new job as a medical records clerk. It is a full-time job Mon - Fri, with paid vacation! Added blessing is it is also 10 minute drive from the apartment! I am excited about my first day.
Yesterday I spent the afternoon with a F21 co-worker, she is Chinese and a graduate student at University of Louisville. I enjoyed brushing up on my conversational mandarin. I look forward to spending more time with her and other Chinese friends.
How is Kevin? He is busy with studying and working part-time. He goes to class in the morning to early afternoon then works the evening shift at chick fil A. This week he has a break it is 'reading week' so he will spend time reading and writing a paper. Great break, huh?!
We are both busy, but we intentionally take an evening once a week to doing something together. Now that it is getting warmer it brings more opportunities to spend outside!

2 comments:

  1. sometimes i wonder if you write these blog updates just for us! if so... or if no... thank you! we love 'em! you write them as if we're having a conversation... and we like conversations with you! miss you darlaH. and oh yes, kudos on the new job! that rocks! p.s. like-like the new blog look! (((hugs))) from the east side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, I must say you are one of the few that replies to my blog. I love reading your replies and reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing