while I am sitting here checking Facebook and my blog I will share about my first week of working as a medical records clerk.
I am sure you all know what a medical chart is, I am sure everyone has one with their name on/in it. Well my job practically is organizing/maintaining medical charts at this allergy clinic. My daily routine(currently learning) is filing charts read/signed by the physicians from the previous day, making new charts for new patients, printing old charts from over 3 years ago from cds, pulling charts for future appointments... All in all it is a simple routine of keeping the charts in flow. The interesting part is that this clinic has 13 different locations surrounding Louisville! The clinic I work at is the home office and that means the charts are kept there. So when the physicians travel to an outer clinic the charts must make it there for the appointments! Along with having great filing skills investigating skills are used when charts disappear. What celebration there is to be had after all the searching results with the chart being found! It is a good perspective of the shepherd and the one lost sheep, huh?! ;)
Well no rest for the weary, I need to do the dishes...
WorldTimeServer Clock
Beijing |
No comments:
Post a Comment