new

2010/01/05

2009

This time last year I was seriously pr@ying about whether I was going to study another year or return home. As you know now Dad opened doors for me to stay another year.
Last spring I had two roomies instead of one. They both were encouraging to me; challenging each other in our journeys. As iron sharpens iron...(prov 27:17)
Over last spring I saw Father move in the hearts of friends up north. I saw friends take on leadership roles and care for their fellow classmates. There were parties involving singing, reading the good Word, and swimming! Those couple months were such a blessing seeing friends grow in JC.
It was exciting to have more friends come visit for the summer. They were and still are a huge blessing to me and others! Last summer was filled with more parties, classes, kongfu, packing and more packing! I wasn't returning home but moving down south! The saying goodbyes and 'see ya laters' wasn't so fun but I was excited to go down south. I do not want to forget my 2 years in the North, I know I will see some friends again, Father has promised us that.

When I finally made it down south I realized what people had told me was all very true. The south is a very different world then what I experienced up north.
Top 3 differences between North and South in my opinion:
1) temperature - so much humidity, sometimes 100%!
2) language - mandarin isn't standard here...
3) food - same, same but different ~ noodles are a big hit here but I prefer rice/bread.
Thankfully there were people here that helped me become accustomed. I am every grateful for their open arms and advice.

During these last 5 months Father has challenged and stretched me as I have learned about living here. Through many situations, friends, and the Word He has laid a burden for these people on my heart, people that do not have the Word in their local language.
He has continued to teach me to let go and let Him take control of any and all situations. That lesson continues to be difficult to learn. When I am not in control I see Father work in unexpected ways. He has also continued to build my faith/trust in Him as I wait on Him. My future is unclear, though I have hope and trust He will guide me to make the right decisions.
I am ever so thankful for Him sending me national sisters to travel with. They have been a huge encouragement, and support over last couple of months. I know I couldn't do half the stuff without their help. I pr@y Father continue to use me to bless them as they have blessed me.

That is a glimpse into last year, now you can view this next year with me with each blog. I am not an avid blogger but you know how to contact me if in need of further details!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that was a busy year! thanks for sharing your heart with us once again. love you darlan! and as always, sending (((hugs!)))

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing