new

2010/01/31

what's happenin'

I seem to catch myself thinking of things to blog about but when I finally sit down and start a new post my head goes blank! Aiya, this is an example that I am not a avid blogger, writing down my thoughts does not come easy for me. I am just going to let you know what has been happening lately in the life of Darla(n).
Beginning on January 15th I am now on winter break. So, I have no classes until beginning of March. I like this break, it is nice not to be getting up at 6:30am! The break also has disadvantages like I sleep in past 9am and stay up past midnight b/c I am not sleepy! Without the structure of morning classes I find myself procrastinating much more. I work well with structure so during the break my motivation level is low.
This last week I was able to reconnect with friends from the campus I have classes at. They were taking their final exams and preparing to head home for winter break.
I was also able to spend more time with some sisters. We were able to do more things together than just study the Word. It is fun to go with them and let them do the bargaining for items; I get much better bargains using their faces then using my white, western face!
Speaking of sisters, I have a new roommate that just moved in this week. For the last month she has been looking for a place to move that is closer to her office. I pr@yed about it and felt this could actually work out for the both of us. The advantages out-way the disadvantages I think. We both can give each other:
motivation, encouragement, challenge(as iron sharpens iron Prov 27:17), improvement in the language, help in study preparation...
Over all it is good practice/preparation for the future. As I have learned Dad uses all circumstances to prepare each of us for what's ahead.
So now I am looking forward to this new week, beginning of February, another week to use be used by Dad and living with a roommate again.

1 comment:

  1. wow... a roommate! you are full of surprises! hope you know just how much we, your old complex mates love and appreciate you! please keep the posts coming... you're doing just what you should, letting us stay connected with you! you don't have to write something profound every time! we simply like hearing from you, no matter how mundane you may think your life/thoughts are! grateful that you are sharing your life with us... love & (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing