new

2010/02/20

Zongzi 粽子

You know it is around the new years when there are fireworks, new paper around the door frames and you are given Zongzi. This is an annual type of food made for the new year's celebration. My friends say they are delicious but I was skeptical. I have eaten them in the Northeast and wasn't impressed. Zongzi was not the Northeastern specialty around the new years it was Jiaozi(dumplings) yummy!Zongzi is a pyramid-shaped dumpling made of glutinous rice wrapped in bamboo or reed leaves.
Inside the zongzi you will usually find pork, pork fat, red/green beans, and sometimes peanuts.
Anyways, when I was given the Zongzi as a gift I took it, obviously being polite. I wasn't thinking the zongzi would be so great. I did eat some of the zongzi and it was surprisingly delicious. This looks scrumptious doesn't it?! ;P
I mean, I am not craving zongzi to eat everyday! But I can say that the South does make better zongzi. I am going to say that jiaozi is still my favorite!
You can't beat the Northeastern food!
我很喜欢吃东北菜! 好吃!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing