new

2010/05/19

1 more month

Today after classes my teacher informed me we only have 1 more month of classes. Pointing to the class work book she thinks we will probably cover the next 4 lessons. We usually cover one lesson a week. I am surprised to realize the time is short! In my mind I knew that classes would end at the end of June. I am honestly happy to know that I am almost finished with this semester.
I have enjoyed this semester and last semester, both were easy and less stressful compared to when I started learning Chinese.
The somewhat sad part of all this is that this is my last semester. Right now my plan is to return home in 2 months, my role as a foreign student is about to end.
I will miss the routines of the morning classes and seeing familiar faces around campus. Eating in the student cafeteria with the goal of meeting new students; choosing what to eat by the smell instead of what I could recognize(which sometimes didn't turn out so pretty). I will miss the old chalk boards and chalk-written characters.
I will not miss the wooden seats, the smells of cigarette smoke in the hall, ammonia smell from the bathrooms (one advantage of being in a tropical climate the doors and windows are constantly open so at least there is some sort of ventilation). :) PTL
The last 2 and half years, I have enjoyed my role Father gave me as a foreign student. I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything in the world... well... most days that is true!
Father is still working on me, to make me what I ought to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing