new

2010/05/09



Wow, it has been over a month since I last blogged. Not surprising to me, but I am disappointed in myself for not using the time to sit down and post things about my life.
In April I took the opportunity to visit home for 2 weeks. The circumstances for my visit home were not the happiest, but I will say I was glad to be there.
Beginning of April my grandma started to get worse day by day. The cancer had taken your strength and her will to live. She was in the hospital for hip replacement after falling and cracking her hip. From that day she was showing signs of letting go. I felt that at that time, middle of April, that Father was giving me the opportunity to visit home to see my grandma and be with my family. I did not enjoy flying across the world alone but thankfully my journey went smoothly, I caught all my flights and my luggage was not lost!
I arrived home and the next day I spent with my grandma. I was prepared to see my grandma, what I saw was just a body. My grandma was not able to talk to anyone. She did not look like my grandma. When I arrived her eyes were open and she looked at me. I could tell it in her eyes she knew I had come home. I was so thankful that I spent the her last 5 days by her side. My family took turns staying by her side, talking to her, singing to her, trying to give her comfort in anyway. Friday April 23rd she went home to be with Father.
After seeing her the way she was, I was glad that she was released from that shell. I am sad she is gone, not cooking her famous dishes, or doing her normal chores around the farm. But every time I think of her in heaven seeing her family and seeing JC I am filled with happiness beyond compare. I know someday I will see her again, in her new body. No cancer, no pneumonia, no broken bones... no pain and death. Here is a Hymn she loved to hear us girls sing in church and we sang it to her before she went to that faraway land.
The title is 'Beulah Land'. Beulah land is heaven, our home.

I'm kind of homesick for a country
To which I've never been before.
No sad goodbyes will there be spoken
for time won't matter anymore.

Chorus:
Beulah Land, I'm longing for you
and some day on thee I'll stand.
There my home shall be eternal.
Beulah Land -- Sweet Beulah Land


I'm looking now across the river
where my faith will end in sight.
There's just a few more days to labor.
Then I will take my heavenly flight.


My grandma and me, age 3

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the update dear. i'm sure this mother's day was difficult for your family but i'm so thankful you were able to be with them during your grandma's passing. we love you.

    ReplyDelete

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing