new

2010/05/21

summer is here = mosquito time

My last trip out to a village was during a hot-humid day; thankfully there was a breeze that day. This is just the beginning of summer; after all the temperature only rose to 90 degrees! Well anyway this week there has been some sporadic rain showers. When i say sporadic I mean in the middle of the day while it is sunny there will be a shower. The sky doesn't turn dark gray I rarely hear thunder but clouds empty the water just the same. So knowing that it has recently rained we know that there will be an increase in bugs! The worst flying pest is the 蚊子wen zi (mosquito). They thrive in small puddles of water left from the rain shower.
I am going to need to intentionally put on mosquito repellent every time I leave the apartment.
Yesterday even when i did spray myself with repellent twice this was the result. I guess my sweat washed off the repellent or these bugs are attracted to the repellent.
The even bit me underneath my chaco strap, also not a bad chaco tan! Still needs a little work and I have the whole summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WorldTimeServer Clock

Beijing